18 June 2006

A Tribute to the New York Times Crossword Puzzle

Here's an enthusiastic review of Wordplay, a documentary that was recently screened at Toronto's Hot Docs festival. Wordplay is Patrick Creadon's documentary on the New York Times Crossword Puzzle. He profiles people who love doing it (including such high-profile ones as Bill Clinton, Mike Mussina, and Jon Stewart) and he looks at the construction of the puzzle. I don't know if this documentary has opened in the U.S. or elsewhere, but it's now beginning to play in Canada. Via CBC.ca.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

I thought Debra Hamel would be interested in this link so I sent it along to her. She has posted about it and linked back to your site.
http://dhamel.typepad.com/deblog/2006/06/wordplay_the_mo.html

Do you ever visit the deblog? If so, Susan and I need your help with the daily set puzzle, especially on Saturdays when we play the Crossword bebops!

All best
Maxine.

6/23/2006 11:47:00 a.m.  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for passing on the link! I'm glad people are interested.

I do drop by deblog sometimes. I don't know about helping with the puzzles, though--I frequently have to get back to things later than I like (life, you know), so I might be three days behind with the daily set puzzle!

6/25/2006 03:51:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Walter said...

Innteresting read

3/21/2022 10:54:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home