11 August 2006

Reading Books Very Quickly

Matthew Cornell has a post explaining how to read a book quickly. He actually has several methods listed; the one he proposes comes from Jason Womack. It involves reading the following sections in this order:
· table of contents, glossary, index. · anything in bold, titles, and subtitles. · first line of every paragraph. · entire book
I don’t think this would work for me; I prefer the old-fashioned approach. I’m not averse to looking at the table of contents and flipping through the book to look at items in bold, but trying to skim through the book otherwise just confuses me. Via randomWalks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Cornell said...

Thanks very much for the link, Amy.

(Note: I tried to follow your "randomWalks" link but it was broken.)

Cheers!

8/11/2006 10:01:00 a.m.  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for the tip Matthew--it's fixed now!

8/11/2006 10:40:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home