29 May 2006

The Dialect Translator

Drop by The Dialectizer if you want to have some fun entering text and seeing it translated into different ways of speaking (e.g. Cockney, jive, Elmer Fudd). You can enter some text at random or you can ask it to translate a web page. I entered this web page; here are some of the translations of the first paragraph of yesterday's entry. My original version:
The annual round-up of nominations for summer reading has begun. I always like to know what other people are reading, so I enjoy these articles.
The Jive Version:
De annual round-up uh nominashuns fo' summa' readin' gots begun. 'S coo', bro. ah' always likes t'know whut oda' sucka's is readin', so's I enjoy dese articles.
The Elmer Fudd Version:
De annuaw wound-up of nominations fow summew weading has begun, uh-hah-hah-hah. I awways wike to know what othew peopwe awe weading, so I enjoy these awticwes. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit!
The Hacker Version:
teh annua lrpound-iup 0f nominati0ns ofr summr read1ng 4hs begn!!!!!! OLOLOL i always lIk3 to knows what othEr LasMeRz rae read1ng, so i ejoy tehse arrticl3ds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~ THEIR IS 4 RATIO DONT RIPE ME OFGF becauz 1 will haXOr u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Swedish Chef Version:
Zee unnooel ruoond-up ooff numeeneshuns fur soommer reedeeng hes begoon. Bork bork bork! I elveys leeke-a tu knoo vhet oozeer peuple-a ere-a reedeeng, su I injuy zeese-a erteecles. Um gesh dee bork, bork!
You can also get gift items (e.g. T-shirts, caps, mugs, and so forth) that say "Fry Mah Hide!! Fry Mah Hide!!" Check out the selection at their CafePress shop.
Thanks to Bernadette Wagner for the link!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home